Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ceramic Artist: Katherine J. Dube

Rings

Tupolino's Serving Sets

I'm lucky. 
Lucky enough that I'm being able to watched her working on her pieces
How she put attention to detail, patience and idea showed a lot on every pieces she made. 

Artist statement:
"I enjoy the process of discovery, starting with vessels and familiar forms of nature, taken to their less logical conclusions; setting up a symbiotic or even parasitic relationship between the elements of my work. Trained in the sciences, I allows the habit of inquiry and love of complexity of form to take hold in her work, exploring the connection between science, contemporary art, and the natural world." Katherine J. Dube

She received a Bachelor of science in Biology and Biochemistry, then returned for advanced studies in both Education and Chemistry. 
(I wonder if I should ask her to clone some of her idea to my brain.)

No comments: